Your Leadership Team chairs reported the following,
- Building and Grounds: the new security system and details about whole building internet access is in discussion
- Missions: a film and discussion by N. Kristof and his wife in partnership with First Presbyterian is being considered.
- Faith Formations: A pot-luck and film are coming in January
- Membership: a possible tea for newer members is being discussed.
- Pastor’s report: “Emerge” training was helpful and we need to plan new ways to “roll out” the new vision and mission statements.
A brief description of the sessions of our overnight warming shelter was presented from the Matthew 25 Group. People from the Rescue Mission, from our church and the city council are going to meet with Judge Stone to share feedback on the homeless shelter situation.
Our wrap up meeting for the year 2019 included several financial decisions to be enacted in 2020. The housing allowances were approved by consensus for our Children and Youth minister at $23,256 and for our Senior Pastor at $25,638. The treasurer/financial/stewardship report indicated that as of Dec. 11, 70 pledge cards have been returned for a total of $281, 608 to support the 2020 budget. There is great hope that our budget will be fully realized. The FBC Board approved the Music Minister search team to offer up to $31,200 as a possible salary.
Looking toward the New Year 2020 the Board affirmed to present to the congregation several recommendations. The Semi-Annual Financial Congregational meeting will be on January 12th at 11:15am. The topics to be before the congregation are, approving the 2020 budget, action to affirm church services at 10am, and action to adopt the new Vision and Mission statement.
FBC Vision: A world where God’s inclusive love embraces and empowers all.
FBC Mission: Together we respond to the call of the Spirit and the teachings of Jesus to learn, love, serve, and seek justice and joy for all.
Help join us to welcome 2020 at FBC on Sunday, January 12th at 11:15am after church services in the Social Hall. Soup will be provided with breads and fruit! Happy New Year!
Your FBC Board